Bogus collector warning
I WOULD like to inform your readers of the increased reports the British Heart Foundation (BHF) has been receiving surrounding bogus charity collectors. Across the country, there have been incidents of people taking BHF donations from outside people s ho
I WOULD like to inform your readers of the increased reports the British Heart Foundation (BHF) has been receiving surrounding bogus charity collectors. Across the country, there have been incidents of people taking BHF donations from outside people's homes. All BHF van drivers collecting donated stock for BHF shops carry official identification badges, so if you have any doubt just ask to see their badge.
BHF shops rely on these donations and would ask the public to be vigilant when leaving goods on their doorsteps. If members of the public prefer, rather than leave goods on the doorstep, they can drop any donated items into their local shop or call 0870 120 4141 during normal shop opening hours to arrange a convenient time for collection.
I would like to encourage people to continue donating their unwanted goods to genuine charities, as opposed to throwing them away or passing them on to profit making organisations. Legitimate charities can be identified through their registered charity number.
The BHF appreciates that there are many ways people can dispose of their unwanted goods, but by donating to the BHF they are helping the charity continue its fight against heart disease, which remains the nation's biggest killer.
You may also want to watch:
KEN BLAIR, Chief executive (BHF shops)
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series