Bird's Eye View - Fluffy Hair Friday
I KNEW it had to happen one day…and I knew the end would come when I least expected it and when it was least practical to source an alternative. My hair straightners packed up on Friday morning as I was getting ready for work! I had to endure a fluffy-hai
I KNEW it had to happen one day...and I knew the end would come when I least expected it and when it was least practical to source an alternative.
My hair straightners packed up on Friday morning as I was getting ready for work! I had to endure a fluffy-hair Friday, which left me feeling a tad, well, fluffy.
If you put aside medical advancements, kitchen appliances and underwear that doesn't resemble a straight jacket, hair straightness have to be right up there on the list of clever inventions for women. As I was frantically trying to slick my hair down with tap water on Friday morning I tried to think of something I would trade for my straightners.
What if, on Friday morning, someone had popped up and said 'you can have the straightners, but you have to give up one of the following': eyebrow tweezers, tights, make-up, conditioner, tie-up-round-the-ankle shoes, hair drier. No contest. I would have had the hair straightners. I just don't feel or look right anymore with fluffy hair.
I hope you noticed that I included tie-up-round-the-ankle shoes on the list; just to show you how serious I am about straightners.
Anyway, enough of all that. Easter. I love the Easter weekend and like most people will probably end up using it to catch up in the home and garden. I started growing vegetables in pots this time last year and I want to progress to a vegetable plot this year. I reckon that with a few bricks and some compost I should be able to make a raised bed fairly easily.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
I also thought I would mention that I went out for a run with Helen last Thursday and we did three miles in 32 minutes. That means I knocked five minutes off my time for the Sport Relief event the previous weekend. I have to put it down to Helen's encouragement and that she is faster than me and I am having to run harder to keep up. Either that or the fact that I had stripped off several layers of clothing. Maybe I was lighter!