LETTER: ‘The pillar’ of the community that is the Ely Standard
- Credit: Archant
I speak as a local politician who is under ‘house arrest’ being over 70.
We all recognise the sterling work being done by so many in our society and I suspect we all clap at our door at 8pm Thursdays as a very small way of saying ‘thank you’.
I don’t think enough credit is given to the staff of local councils, the ‘bin’ people, the posties, the newspaper deliverers and the doorstep milk people.
This group restore some sanity in my life so... ‘thank you’.
There is one other solid ‘rock’ that gives me a feeling that I still belong to this world.
You may also want to watch:
Every Thursday, rain or shine, the Ely Standard drops through my letterbox.
It may not always be accurate, it may not always have got the facts straight... BUT it’s there and full of local news.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
A big ‘thank you’ to John Elworthy and his team who work so hard to produce the goods every week.
Life would be a little poorer without them.
BILL HUNT, county and district councillor