Best spot for recycling
I WRITE in response to the proposed recycling centre at Witchford and the long-term strategy for mineral and waste facilities in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Surely, the most sensible solution would be to house it at Grunty Fen, which is already a rec
I WRITE in response to the proposed recycling centre at Witchford and the long-term strategy for mineral and waste facilities in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Surely, the most sensible solution would be to house it at Grunty Fen, which is already a recycling area.
- The roads leading to Grunty Fen from the A10 will eventually have to upgraded.
- The area did not flood in 1947 so it is not a strong issue.
You may also want to watch:
- It is at some distance from houses (surely a desirable factor).
Against the proposed site:
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
- It will be an eyesore - as the current buildings are at present. Sensible planning should plant evergreen trees and shrubs to keep the slightly raised area a scene of beauty (not a series of large barren sheds that are being permitted at present). A recycling centre would exacerbate current difficulties.
- The farmland with its wildlife should be maintained.
- The proposed access road could not possibly cope with increased traffic - the road is already congested and vehicle emission and noise will increase. It is already a dangerous road for Witchford villagers to cycle to Ely.
The Isle of Ely as a green and pleasant island and the city of Ely surrounded by pleasant villages like Witchford is surely worthy of preserving.
Filling access roads with large vehicles transporting rubbish is not the way forward.