Be warned - my elderly parents received scam call from someone trying to offer Sky deal
MY elderly parents live in Little Downham and received a scam phone call last Wednesday from a company called SatAssist.
She said that the man said he was from Sky and was offering her a deal. When she said no, the man said she must have a lot of money to turn the offer down.
He asked for her bank card details. She gave the first four numbers then refused to give any more. She said the man was angry and put the phone down.
The telephone number given was 0845 241 0885. If you Google this, you’ll see it’s a well-known scam.
Would you mind putting a warning in your paper just to alert people to this scam?
- 1 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 2 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 8 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 9 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 10 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires