Be warned - my elderly parents received scam call from someone trying to offer Sky deal
MY elderly parents live in Little Downham and received a scam phone call last Wednesday from a company called SatAssist.
She said that the man said he was from Sky and was offering her a deal. When she said no, the man said she must have a lot of money to turn the offer down.
He asked for her bank card details. She gave the first four numbers then refused to give any more. She said the man was angry and put the phone down.
The telephone number given was 0845 241 0885. If you Google this, you’ll see it’s a well-known scam.
Would you mind putting a warning in your paper just to alert people to this scam?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air