Be warned - my elderly parents received scam call from someone trying to offer Sky deal
MY elderly parents live in Little Downham and received a scam phone call last Wednesday from a company called SatAssist.
She said that the man said he was from Sky and was offering her a deal. When she said no, the man said she must have a lot of money to turn the offer down.
He asked for her bank card details. She gave the first four numbers then refused to give any more. She said the man was angry and put the phone down.
The telephone number given was 0845 241 0885. If you Google this, you’ll see it’s a well-known scam.
Would you mind putting a warning in your paper just to alert people to this scam?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments