Be psitive and wrk tgether
CAN I begin by saying that I d nt find any pleasure in writing this letter. I believe that when cuncillrs have been elected, regardless f their plitical clur, it is their duty t wrk tgether fr the benefit f their cnstituents. Hwever, it has
CAN I begin by saying that I d nt find any pleasure in writing this letter. I believe that when cuncillrs have been elected, regardless f their plitical clur, it is their duty t wrk tgether fr the benefit f their cnstituents.
Hwever, it has becme smething f a habit fr Cllr Jackie Petts (Cnservative) t write negative remarks abut Liberal Demcrats.
In her letter published in the Ely Standard n January 31 she states "prir t the May electins in 2007, the then Liberal Demcrat-dminated cuncil turned dwn a £3millin Gvernment grant t purchase 32 acres dwn at Angel Drve".
Let us nw lk at the facts.
Firstly, it was Cllr Valerie Leake (Lib Dem) wh prpsed the purchase f that land, and I secnded the mtin.
Cllr Petts rightly says, the mtin failed because the Cnservatives and the Independents vted against it.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
I invite Cllr Petts t read the agenda and minutes f the cuncil meeting n December 6, 2005.
Secndly, Cllr Petts may nt be aware that prir t the May 2007 electins, the cuncil cnsisted f 17 Liberal Demcrat cuncillrs, 16 Cnservatives and six Independents.
I wuld nt call that a 'Liberal Demcrat-dminated cuncil', when mst f the time, the Independents vted with the Cnservatives. Again, can I suggest Cllr Petts reads past minutes, principally when there have been recrded vtes.
Cme n, Jackie, let us wrk tgether fr the district.
Liberal Demcrat district cuncillr fr the Frdham villages