Be psitive and wrk tgether
CAN I begin by saying that I d nt find any pleasure in writing this letter. I believe that when cuncillrs have been elected, regardless f their plitical clur, it is their duty t wrk tgether fr the benefit f their cnstituents. Hwever, it has
CAN I begin by saying that I d nt find any pleasure in writing this letter. I believe that when cuncillrs have been elected, regardless f their plitical clur, it is their duty t wrk tgether fr the benefit f their cnstituents.
Hwever, it has becme smething f a habit fr Cllr Jackie Petts (Cnservative) t write negative remarks abut Liberal Demcrats.
In her letter published in the Ely Standard n January 31 she states "prir t the May electins in 2007, the then Liberal Demcrat-dminated cuncil turned dwn a £3millin Gvernment grant t purchase 32 acres dwn at Angel Drve".
Let us nw lk at the facts.
You may also want to watch:
Firstly, it was Cllr Valerie Leake (Lib Dem) wh prpsed the purchase f that land, and I secnded the mtin.
Cllr Petts rightly says, the mtin failed because the Cnservatives and the Independents vted against it.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 6 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
I invite Cllr Petts t read the agenda and minutes f the cuncil meeting n December 6, 2005.
Secndly, Cllr Petts may nt be aware that prir t the May 2007 electins, the cuncil cnsisted f 17 Liberal Demcrat cuncillrs, 16 Cnservatives and six Independents.
I wuld nt call that a 'Liberal Demcrat-dminated cuncil', when mst f the time, the Independents vted with the Cnservatives. Again, can I suggest Cllr Petts reads past minutes, principally when there have been recrded vtes.
Cme n, Jackie, let us wrk tgether fr the district.
Liberal Demcrat district cuncillr fr the Frdham villages