Be psitive and wrk tgether
CAN I begin by saying that I d nt find any pleasure in writing this letter. I believe that when cuncillrs have been elected, regardless f their plitical clur, it is their duty t wrk tgether fr the benefit f their cnstituents. Hwever, it has
CAN I begin by saying that I d nt find any pleasure in writing this letter. I believe that when cuncillrs have been elected, regardless f their plitical clur, it is their duty t wrk tgether fr the benefit f their cnstituents.
Hwever, it has becme smething f a habit fr Cllr Jackie Petts (Cnservative) t write negative remarks abut Liberal Demcrats.
In her letter published in the Ely Standard n January 31 she states "prir t the May electins in 2007, the then Liberal Demcrat-dminated cuncil turned dwn a £3millin Gvernment grant t purchase 32 acres dwn at Angel Drve".
Let us nw lk at the facts.
You may also want to watch:
Firstly, it was Cllr Valerie Leake (Lib Dem) wh prpsed the purchase f that land, and I secnded the mtin.
Cllr Petts rightly says, the mtin failed because the Cnservatives and the Independents vted against it.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’
- 10 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
I invite Cllr Petts t read the agenda and minutes f the cuncil meeting n December 6, 2005.
Secndly, Cllr Petts may nt be aware that prir t the May 2007 electins, the cuncil cnsisted f 17 Liberal Demcrat cuncillrs, 16 Cnservatives and six Independents.
I wuld nt call that a 'Liberal Demcrat-dminated cuncil', when mst f the time, the Independents vted with the Cnservatives. Again, can I suggest Cllr Petts reads past minutes, principally when there have been recrded vtes.
Cme n, Jackie, let us wrk tgether fr the district.
Liberal Demcrat district cuncillr fr the Frdham villages