Battle To Stop Fens Going To Rack and Ruin
YOUR correspondent, Mr Gibbs, is right in only one respect: it is quite true that I own only a few acres of croppable Fen land. I should point out, however, through the hundreds of people who have signed the on-line SaveOurFens E-Petition to 10 Downing
YOUR correspondent, Mr Gibbs, is right in only one respect: it is quite true that I own only a few acres of croppable Fen land. I should point out, however, through the hundreds of people who have signed the on-line 'SaveOurFens' E-Petition to 10 Downing Street - http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SaveOurFens/ - I know that I am in alliance with the owners and/or farmers of many thousands of acres of food-producing land, land which is needed now and will be needed more as the populations of Great Britain and the world continue to grow. Mr Gibbs might do me the kindness of acknowledging this unless, of course, he thinks it right for us to go on importing as much food as we do today.
I am also battling on behalf of those local folk who don't want our Fens to go to rack and ruin under the National Trust's rule, when what isn't under water would be a mass of brambles, elder bushes, ragwort, stinging nettles and thistles. I and my friends and supporters won't give up under any form of fire.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 7 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 Arts centre gets £25,000 post-Covid lifeline
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021