Barratt Should Install Speed Bumps
I AM writing in regarding your Roundabout Will Open Before Works article in last week s Ely Standard. I live on the Cathedral View development in Ely. I am extremely apprehensive about the opening of the Thistle Corner roundabout. Boy racers and scoote
I AM writing in regarding your 'Roundabout Will Open Before Works' article in last week's Ely Standard.
I live on the Cathedral View development in Ely. I am extremely apprehensive about the opening of the Thistle Corner roundabout. Boy racers and scooters already use the road as their own private race track. With the increased congestion it will only be a matter of time before a serious accident occurs.
I have two suggestions regarding the adoption of the roundabout and Road. Barrett should be forced to install road bumps to reduce the traffic speed. The police should be proactively stopping these boy racers. By removing their illegal exhausts and reporting them to their insurance companies (if they are insured, which I doubt) for un-declared modification to their �500 cars.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment