Backlash against MP Jim Paice’s comment
MP Jim Paice’s comment caused outrage both in my family, in my place of work and in my church group, and to think we voted for this hateful man.
He called the unemployed English people lazy and workshy, when it was his party that brought in all the foreign workers to take our jobs.
After the Second World War when all the soldiers that fought the war for the government were being demobbed the government in a vile speech said the Englishmen were too lazy to work and we will have to bring in people from the West Indies to do the work.
This evil man has insulted the British soldiers once again and all the British people as a whole, and this will be reflected in the next elections.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club