Backlash against MP Jim Paice’s comment
MP Jim Paice’s comment caused outrage both in my family, in my place of work and in my church group, and to think we voted for this hateful man.
He called the unemployed English people lazy and workshy, when it was his party that brought in all the foreign workers to take our jobs.
After the Second World War when all the soldiers that fought the war for the government were being demobbed the government in a vile speech said the Englishmen were too lazy to work and we will have to bring in people from the West Indies to do the work.
This evil man has insulted the British soldiers once again and all the British people as a whole, and this will be reflected in the next elections.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series