Babylon Gallery Is A Wonderful Asset To The City
ADEC are to be congratulated on their efforts since reopening the Babylon Gallery in February 2009. More than 10,000 people have seen the three exhibitions so far and the numbers look like smashing the record of last year s 25,000 visitors. I think this p
ADEC are to be congratulated on their efforts since reopening the Babylon Gallery in February 2009. More than 10,000 people have seen the three exhibitions so far and the numbers look like smashing the record of last year's 25,000 visitors.
I think this proves beyond all reasonable doubt what a wonderful asset Babylon is, both adding to the cultural life of the city and as an important tourist attraction to bring visitors in and help keep Ely thriving in these difficult times.
Thanks must also go to the Tory councillors who had the vision to enable the Babylon Gallery to reopen earlier this year and who are now working hard to ensure that the lease at Babylon Bridge is secure for years to come. In my opinion, they are working entirely in the spirit of the Ely Master plan which ensures that all aspects of a growing city's needs are met both now and in the future
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series