Babylon Gallery Is A Wonderful Asset To The City
ADEC are to be congratulated on their efforts since reopening the Babylon Gallery in February 2009. More than 10,000 people have seen the three exhibitions so far and the numbers look like smashing the record of last year s 25,000 visitors. I think this p
ADEC are to be congratulated on their efforts since reopening the Babylon Gallery in February 2009. More than 10,000 people have seen the three exhibitions so far and the numbers look like smashing the record of last year's 25,000 visitors.
I think this proves beyond all reasonable doubt what a wonderful asset Babylon is, both adding to the cultural life of the city and as an important tourist attraction to bring visitors in and help keep Ely thriving in these difficult times.
Thanks must also go to the Tory councillors who had the vision to enable the Babylon Gallery to reopen earlier this year and who are now working hard to ensure that the lease at Babylon Bridge is secure for years to come. In my opinion, they are working entirely in the spirit of the Ely Master plan which ensures that all aspects of a growing city's needs are met both now and in the future
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book