Attitude of everyone at City was absolutely first-class
ON Sunday, March 18 I took my Mildenhall Town U-16s squad to play Ely City U-16s in the semi-final of the Cambs Colts league knockout cup. On a blustery afternoon, a drive across the Fens was not the most enjoyable; however, on arriving at Ely, we were ma
ON Sunday, March 18 I took my Mildenhall Town U-16s squad to play Ely City U-16s in the semi-final of the Cambs Colts league knockout cup.
On a blustery afternoon, a drive across the Fens was not the most enjoyable; however, on arriving at Ely, we were made very welcome by the management, players, parents and supporters.
The club allowed the game to be played on the main Ridgeons league pitch, and due to our large travelling support we were not expected to pay towards the three officials, which was a great gesture.
What followed was a cup classic worthy of the final. Both teams deserved to win and could have gone through, but in the end my team were the victors.
Before, during and after the match, the attitude of all at Ely was first-rate and after the final whistle all the Ely players, management and supporters wished us well.
On behalf of all at Mildenhall Town Football Club, but especially the U-16s squad and the parents, I wish to publicly thank you for all your hospitality and sportsmanship and wish you all the best for the future
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Mildenhall Town U16s