Are you ex-RN Electrical?
SINCE the launch of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association through the Letters to the Editor in local newspapers like yours just over one year ago, hundreds of those who served in the Electrical Branch of the Royal Navy have joined and many have sa
SINCE the launch of the Royal Naval Electrical Branch Association through the Letters to the Editor in local newspapers like yours just over one year ago, hundreds of those who served in the Electrical Branch of the Royal Navy have joined and many have said it was about time we had our own association in order to find our old mess mates.
And finding them they are too, from the little minesweepers to the aircraft carriers, cruiser and battleships. From the 1940's, before the electrical branch was formed, the 1950's, 60's and through to the present day, ex-electricians are joining.
Now with our own blazer badge, tie and beret badge, all sporting the distinctive flashes of the electrical branch, our own web site, reunion booked and now on the presses our own newsletter, I know a lot of lamp swinging is going to take place.
If you are ex Royal Navy Electrical, be it any section, you are invited to send your details and your service number, if you can remember it and the ship you would most like to find your shipmates from to: Mike Crowe, 7 Heath Road, Lake, Sandown, Isle of Wight PO36 8PG or email those details to email@example.com and I will get an information pack in the post to you.
The response from the local newspaper has been such that area branches are to be set up for local meetings.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
Royal Navy Electrical Branch Association