Appointment was a unanimous one
IT is a great pity that Cllr Bell hasn t something better to do with his time than make rather silly remarks to reporters. On this occasion, he claims that the salary paid to the Cambridgeshire County Council chief executive is ridiculous . It is a grea
IT is a great pity that Cllr Bell hasn't something better to do with his time than make rather silly remarks to reporters. On this occasion, he claims that the salary paid to the Cambridgeshire County Council chief executive is 'ridiculous'.
It is a great pity that Cllr Bell did not see fit to contact his Liberal Democrat colleagues, who would have told him that, at the time of the appointment of Ian Stewart, it was a unanimous decision (including Liberal Democrats) of the Appointments Panel that Ian Stewart should be appointed and at the salary mentioned.
It was also accepted that our chief executive would be able to advise local authorities from time to time on matters of common interest.
It is to the advantage of Cambridgeshire that our chief executive is held in such high esteem.
I have no objection to Cllr Bell having a political 'go' at me, that's the political game we are in, but to verbally attack our staff in public, when they are unable to respond, is highly irresponsible.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
Cabinet Member for Corporate Services (which includes Human Resources)
County Councillor Soham and Fordham villages