Appointment was a unanimous one
IT is a great pity that Cllr Bell hasn t something better to do with his time than make rather silly remarks to reporters. On this occasion, he claims that the salary paid to the Cambridgeshire County Council chief executive is ridiculous . It is a grea
IT is a great pity that Cllr Bell hasn't something better to do with his time than make rather silly remarks to reporters. On this occasion, he claims that the salary paid to the Cambridgeshire County Council chief executive is 'ridiculous'.
It is a great pity that Cllr Bell did not see fit to contact his Liberal Democrat colleagues, who would have told him that, at the time of the appointment of Ian Stewart, it was a unanimous decision (including Liberal Democrats) of the Appointments Panel that Ian Stewart should be appointed and at the salary mentioned.
It was also accepted that our chief executive would be able to advise local authorities from time to time on matters of common interest.
It is to the advantage of Cambridgeshire that our chief executive is held in such high esteem.
You may also want to watch:
I have no objection to Cllr Bell having a political 'go' at me, that's the political game we are in, but to verbally attack our staff in public, when they are unable to respond, is highly irresponsible.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Cabinet Member for Corporate Services (which includes Human Resources)
County Councillor Soham and Fordham villages