Appalling Service To Get Rubbish Collected
I WOULD like to comment on the appalling service I received from Sanctuary Hereward regarding fly tipping in the rubbish pen at Clayway (which is meant only for black bin bags containing household waste).Due to the fly tipping in the pen, Veolia refused
I WOULD like to comment on the appalling service I received from Sanctuary Hereward regarding fly tipping in the rubbish pen at Clayway (which is meant only for black bin bags containing household waste).
Due to the fly tipping in the pen, Veolia refused to take the normal household black bin bags. This then led to an accumulation of maggots and flies. I first reported this on July 1, 2008 to Sanctuary Hereward who assured me it would be dealt with as a matter of urgency.
Thirty days later, after numerous phone calls to Sanctuary Hereward and the Environmental Health Department, the matter was finally resolved.
Due to the recent hot weather, I find it unacceptable that it took nearly a month for them to send a vehicle out to collect both the household waste and also the waste which was fly tipped.
Hopefully, my neighbours will now be more aware of what can and can't be put in the rubbish pen and can only hope this will not happen again.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins