Appalling Service To Get Rubbish Collected
I WOULD like to comment on the appalling service I received from Sanctuary Hereward regarding fly tipping in the rubbish pen at Clayway (which is meant only for black bin bags containing household waste).Due to the fly tipping in the pen, Veolia refused
I WOULD like to comment on the appalling service I received from Sanctuary Hereward regarding fly tipping in the rubbish pen at Clayway (which is meant only for black bin bags containing household waste).
Due to the fly tipping in the pen, Veolia refused to take the normal household black bin bags. This then led to an accumulation of maggots and flies. I first reported this on July 1, 2008 to Sanctuary Hereward who assured me it would be dealt with as a matter of urgency.
Thirty days later, after numerous phone calls to Sanctuary Hereward and the Environmental Health Department, the matter was finally resolved.
Due to the recent hot weather, I find it unacceptable that it took nearly a month for them to send a vehicle out to collect both the household waste and also the waste which was fly tipped.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully, my neighbours will now be more aware of what can and can't be put in the rubbish pen and can only hope this will not happen again.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Photos of the Week: Views along the river and sun-kissed skylines