Appalling Service To Get Rubbish Collected
I WOULD like to comment on the appalling service I received from Sanctuary Hereward regarding fly tipping in the rubbish pen at Clayway (which is meant only for black bin bags containing household waste).Due to the fly tipping in the pen, Veolia refused
I WOULD like to comment on the appalling service I received from Sanctuary Hereward regarding fly tipping in the rubbish pen at Clayway (which is meant only for black bin bags containing household waste).
Due to the fly tipping in the pen, Veolia refused to take the normal household black bin bags. This then led to an accumulation of maggots and flies. I first reported this on July 1, 2008 to Sanctuary Hereward who assured me it would be dealt with as a matter of urgency.
Thirty days later, after numerous phone calls to Sanctuary Hereward and the Environmental Health Department, the matter was finally resolved.
Due to the recent hot weather, I find it unacceptable that it took nearly a month for them to send a vehicle out to collect both the household waste and also the waste which was fly tipped.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully, my neighbours will now be more aware of what can and can't be put in the rubbish pen and can only hope this will not happen again.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online