Any events planned in Ely to mark the 100th anniversary of outbreak of First World War?
Are you able to find out if the mayor of Ely, or indeed the City of Ely Council, are planning any commemoration events in recognition of 100 years since the start of the First World War, or 100 years since the formation of the Royal Air Force?
I was born in Ely, a member of the Royal British Legion and a serving member of the RAF based at RAF Marham and would like to offer my services.
I also have others who are willing to assist, if anything has been planned.
If not, would it be possible to pass this to the mayor so that I can arrange a chat with regard to maybe organising such an event?
This year also commemorates 70 years since Arnham (September 17-26, 1944) and the Normandy Landings (commenced on June 6, 1944) that were the start of the final days of the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 4 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book