Any events planned in Ely to mark the 100th anniversary of outbreak of First World War?
Are you able to find out if the mayor of Ely, or indeed the City of Ely Council, are planning any commemoration events in recognition of 100 years since the start of the First World War, or 100 years since the formation of the Royal Air Force?
I was born in Ely, a member of the Royal British Legion and a serving member of the RAF based at RAF Marham and would like to offer my services.
I also have others who are willing to assist, if anything has been planned.
If not, would it be possible to pass this to the mayor so that I can arrange a chat with regard to maybe organising such an event?
This year also commemorates 70 years since Arnham (September 17-26, 1944) and the Normandy Landings (commenced on June 6, 1944) that were the start of the final days of the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club