Any events planned in Ely to mark the 100th anniversary of outbreak of First World War?
Are you able to find out if the mayor of Ely, or indeed the City of Ely Council, are planning any commemoration events in recognition of 100 years since the start of the First World War, or 100 years since the formation of the Royal Air Force?
I was born in Ely, a member of the Royal British Legion and a serving member of the RAF based at RAF Marham and would like to offer my services.
I also have others who are willing to assist, if anything has been planned.
If not, would it be possible to pass this to the mayor so that I can arrange a chat with regard to maybe organising such an event?
This year also commemorates 70 years since Arnham (September 17-26, 1944) and the Normandy Landings (commenced on June 6, 1944) that were the start of the final days of the Second World War.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 8 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks