Any events planned in Ely to mark the 100th anniversary of outbreak of First World War?
Are you able to find out if the mayor of Ely, or indeed the City of Ely Council, are planning any commemoration events in recognition of 100 years since the start of the First World War, or 100 years since the formation of the Royal Air Force?
I was born in Ely, a member of the Royal British Legion and a serving member of the RAF based at RAF Marham and would like to offer my services.
I also have others who are willing to assist, if anything has been planned.
If not, would it be possible to pass this to the mayor so that I can arrange a chat with regard to maybe organising such an event?
This year also commemorates 70 years since Arnham (September 17-26, 1944) and the Normandy Landings (commenced on June 6, 1944) that were the start of the final days of the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'