Amnesty International’s Ely City Group collect 69 signatures for Arms Trade Treaty petition
MEMBERS of Amnesty International Ely City Group had an Arms Trade Treaty petition on Ely market on May 26.
They collected 69 signatures asking the UK government to support the creation of the world’s first Arms Trade Treaty when it joins other leaders in New York in July. Every day at least 1,500 people die from armed violence and conflict.
James Paice MP has written to the Amnesty Group to express his, and the Government’s, support for a robust and broad Arms Trade Treaty including small arms, light weapons and ammunition.
More details on www.amnesty.org.uk/controlarms
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air