Amnesty International’s Ely City Group collect 69 signatures for Arms Trade Treaty petition
MEMBERS of Amnesty International Ely City Group had an Arms Trade Treaty petition on Ely market on May 26.
They collected 69 signatures asking the UK government to support the creation of the world’s first Arms Trade Treaty when it joins other leaders in New York in July. Every day at least 1,500 people die from armed violence and conflict.
James Paice MP has written to the Amnesty Group to express his, and the Government’s, support for a robust and broad Arms Trade Treaty including small arms, light weapons and ammunition.
More details on www.amnesty.org.uk/controlarms
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history