Amnesty International’s Ely City Group collect 69 signatures for Arms Trade Treaty petition
MEMBERS of Amnesty International Ely City Group had an Arms Trade Treaty petition on Ely market on May 26.
They collected 69 signatures asking the UK government to support the creation of the world’s first Arms Trade Treaty when it joins other leaders in New York in July. Every day at least 1,500 people die from armed violence and conflict.
James Paice MP has written to the Amnesty Group to express his, and the Government’s, support for a robust and broad Arms Trade Treaty including small arms, light weapons and ammunition.
More details on www.amnesty.org.uk/controlarms
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts