Am I too late to help save Roswell Pits?
I AM writing to express my dismay and outrage at the new owner of Roswell pits who is continuing to carry out work at Roswell pits. This is apparently to undo the mess he started. Oh come on! The public have eyes. I would suggest that this work is obviou
I AM writing to express my dismay and outrage at the new owner of Roswell pits who is continuing to carry out work at Roswell pits.
This is apparently to undo the mess he started. Oh come on! The public have eyes. I would suggest that this work is obviously progressing so that the new owner has plenty of moorings for the IWA festival.
In spite of this, it does seem that the people of Ely are lucky, as it appears that we can carry on conspicuously with development without planning permission or submission of a certificate of lawfulness. Why is it that the council are unable to stop work continuing until they have considered the certificate within the planning law? All I can say is that I hope that everyone else has the same fortune as Mr Tyrell when wishing to start a venture in Ely.
I think a Ferris wheel at the end of my street would look quite delightful!
You may also want to watch:
Let's not forget these pits are a wildlife area, which is being destroyed progressively so it can be become a marina. It has never been earmarked as an unused or unwanted area for development, it already has a use. So if you want Roswell pits to remain an area of outstanding beauty within Ely and oppose the obvious continuation of the marina development, then we need to support the LCPRE in its campaign.
I just hope that I'm not joining too late, that the work can be stopped and that the damage that has already been done is repairable over time.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line