All We Need Is The Good Old Union Jack
WITH reference to David Dray s letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is MADE IN ENGLAND with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it s made and baked in Engla
WITH reference to David Dray's letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is 'MADE IN ENGLAND' with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it's made and baked in England. It's so simple, but these people who sit in ivory towers with their feet on the desk drawing money from you and I in taxes and these people are all unelected. The man in the street can see what's needed.
The law on sell-by-dates on potatoes is just plain stupid. As an old country boy, potatoes in my time were put into hales on the field and covered with straw and earth, and they were kept there till they were needed. Now a potato has to have a sell-by-date in the shops. Why? They stay firm for weeks. So much waste goes into skips just because it has gone slightly over the sell-by-dates. Some items need labelling, but carrots and parsnips and other root vegetables will stay fresh for weeks.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 7 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’