All We Need Is The Good Old Union Jack
WITH reference to David Dray s letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is MADE IN ENGLAND with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it s made and baked in Engla
WITH reference to David Dray's letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is 'MADE IN ENGLAND' with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it's made and baked in England. It's so simple, but these people who sit in ivory towers with their feet on the desk drawing money from you and I in taxes and these people are all unelected. The man in the street can see what's needed.
The law on sell-by-dates on potatoes is just plain stupid. As an old country boy, potatoes in my time were put into hales on the field and covered with straw and earth, and they were kept there till they were needed. Now a potato has to have a sell-by-date in the shops. Why? They stay firm for weeks. So much waste goes into skips just because it has gone slightly over the sell-by-dates. Some items need labelling, but carrots and parsnips and other root vegetables will stay fresh for weeks.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 8 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 9 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 10 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend