All We Need Is The Good Old Union Jack
WITH reference to David Dray s letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is MADE IN ENGLAND with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it s made and baked in Engla
WITH reference to David Dray's letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is 'MADE IN ENGLAND' with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it's made and baked in England. It's so simple, but these people who sit in ivory towers with their feet on the desk drawing money from you and I in taxes and these people are all unelected. The man in the street can see what's needed.
The law on sell-by-dates on potatoes is just plain stupid. As an old country boy, potatoes in my time were put into hales on the field and covered with straw and earth, and they were kept there till they were needed. Now a potato has to have a sell-by-date in the shops. Why? They stay firm for weeks. So much waste goes into skips just because it has gone slightly over the sell-by-dates. Some items need labelling, but carrots and parsnips and other root vegetables will stay fresh for weeks.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
- 10 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle