All We Need Is The Good Old Union Jack
WITH reference to David Dray s letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is MADE IN ENGLAND with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it s made and baked in Engla
WITH reference to David Dray's letter on food labelling, yes our government and EU bureaucrats have got a lot to answer for, all we need on packaging is 'MADE IN ENGLAND' with the good old Union Jack and then we will all know it's made and baked in England. It's so simple, but these people who sit in ivory towers with their feet on the desk drawing money from you and I in taxes and these people are all unelected. The man in the street can see what's needed.
The law on sell-by-dates on potatoes is just plain stupid. As an old country boy, potatoes in my time were put into hales on the field and covered with straw and earth, and they were kept there till they were needed. Now a potato has to have a sell-by-date in the shops. Why? They stay firm for weeks. So much waste goes into skips just because it has gone slightly over the sell-by-dates. Some items need labelling, but carrots and parsnips and other root vegetables will stay fresh for weeks.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Boxer's 163-miles-in-a-month charity run raises £1,600
- 10 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument