IT is so reassuring to read of the campaign being waged on behalf of the better aspects of our human race. The crux of the matter seems to be in the comment from Jim Paice that it would be very helpful if the owner set out his overall plans so that the p
IT is so reassuring to read of the campaign being waged on behalf of the better aspects of our human race.
The crux of the matter seems to be in the comment from Jim Paice that "it would be very helpful if the owner set out his overall plans so that the planners could decide what was acceptable".
Surely this would not be tolerated by the council if we ordinary folk tried a similar stunt.
People who find and use loopholes in any legislation may profit financially, however, we view it as unfair.
You may also want to watch:
So, hurray for the campaigners! Let us hope that it does not lead to another embarrassment to the city.
Developers should act responsibly and be open with everyone, say what their intentions are, get a decision and then get on with it.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 5 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 6 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 10 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week