IT is so reassuring to read of the campaign being waged on behalf of the better aspects of our human race. The crux of the matter seems to be in the comment from Jim Paice that it would be very helpful if the owner set out his overall plans so that the p
IT is so reassuring to read of the campaign being waged on behalf of the better aspects of our human race.
The crux of the matter seems to be in the comment from Jim Paice that "it would be very helpful if the owner set out his overall plans so that the planners could decide what was acceptable".
Surely this would not be tolerated by the council if we ordinary folk tried a similar stunt.
People who find and use loopholes in any legislation may profit financially, however, we view it as unfair.
So, hurray for the campaigners! Let us hope that it does not lead to another embarrassment to the city.
Developers should act responsibly and be open with everyone, say what their intentions are, get a decision and then get on with it.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021