Act before it’s too late
I sit on several committees, and with other members and citizens have been considering the future of the City of Ely. Most people will be aware of the increased population Ely has enjoyed over years past, but not so many think about what Ely will be like
I sit on several committees, and with other members and citizens have been considering the future of the City of Ely.
Most people will be aware of the increased population Ely has enjoyed over years past, but not so many think about what Ely will be like in five years' time or even 10 years. Most people think the traffic is bad now and that it is difficult to find somewhere to park; I can assure you that things are going to get worse in the years ahead.
Any councillor is branded as a heretic by the Liberal Democrats for forward-thinking. At any suggestion of evolution their anti-progress publicity machine moves into top gear. They will accuse all and everyone who wants to consider the options as monsters trying to destroy Ely. They are against everything and for nothing. What they don't realise is that if nothing is done, Ely will become a nightmare place to live and could implode.
Why-oh-why do we have to wait until it is almost too late to try to do something constructive for the future?
You may also want to watch:
It is about time the people who live in the city now are treated as important, instead of the people who used to live here. What this means is, history is important, but the future is really more important.
Progress will happen regardless of the Liberal Democrats behaving like King Canute who failed to stop the tide and proved that natural forces will not be held back.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 6 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
Seems to me that Brian Ashton is in danger of being tarred and feathered by the Liberal Democrats for just having ideas, which seem to be in short supply from them.
Let's get rid of the emotions and hysteria, stop throwing darts at each other and have a sensible look at the options, debate them rationally and plan for the future.