A misconception that nothing can be done about Blue Badge misuse
IT seems to be a misconception that nothing can be done about obvious misuse of the Blue Badge.
Action can be taken by any member of the pubic by reporting the incident to Cambridgeshire County Council, who is the issuing authority for Cambridgeshire.
This can be done online at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/parking/bluebadge or calling 0345 045 5204.
The necessary information is the serial number of the Blue Badge, which is clearly visible on the badge and the expiry date. The Blue Badge is issued to a person not a car, so car details, time and location are necessary, only to substantiate the misuse.
The person to whom the badge was issued will be contacted and asked to explain the situation and can be fined or have the badge withdrawn.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 5 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 6 Petition launched to save village pub
- 7 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 8 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold