A misconception that nothing can be done about Blue Badge misuse
IT seems to be a misconception that nothing can be done about obvious misuse of the Blue Badge.
Action can be taken by any member of the pubic by reporting the incident to Cambridgeshire County Council, who is the issuing authority for Cambridgeshire.
This can be done online at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/parking/bluebadge or calling 0345 045 5204.
The necessary information is the serial number of the Blue Badge, which is clearly visible on the badge and the expiry date. The Blue Badge is issued to a person not a car, so car details, time and location are necessary, only to substantiate the misuse.
The person to whom the badge was issued will be contacted and asked to explain the situation and can be fined or have the badge withdrawn.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line