A misconception that nothing can be done about Blue Badge misuse
IT seems to be a misconception that nothing can be done about obvious misuse of the Blue Badge.
Action can be taken by any member of the pubic by reporting the incident to Cambridgeshire County Council, who is the issuing authority for Cambridgeshire.
This can be done online at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/parking/bluebadge or calling 0345 045 5204.
The necessary information is the serial number of the Blue Badge, which is clearly visible on the badge and the expiry date. The Blue Badge is issued to a person not a car, so car details, time and location are necessary, only to substantiate the misuse.
The person to whom the badge was issued will be contacted and asked to explain the situation and can be fined or have the badge withdrawn.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 5 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 6 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
- 7 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 8 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade