A misconception that nothing can be done about Blue Badge misuse
IT seems to be a misconception that nothing can be done about obvious misuse of the Blue Badge.
Action can be taken by any member of the pubic by reporting the incident to Cambridgeshire County Council, who is the issuing authority for Cambridgeshire.
This can be done online at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/parking/bluebadge or calling 0345 045 5204.
The necessary information is the serial number of the Blue Badge, which is clearly visible on the badge and the expiry date. The Blue Badge is issued to a person not a car, so car details, time and location are necessary, only to substantiate the misuse.
The person to whom the badge was issued will be contacted and asked to explain the situation and can be fined or have the badge withdrawn.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors