A family tribute to Eddie Holden, in the form of a poem
A poem for Eddie Holden, from his granddaughter.
It’s time for Eddie to rest his pen and quill,
The keys on his computer are now so still.
We’re sure you’ve read the pages with glee,
Whether you really dislike or totally agree.
You may also want to watch:
Causing and sparking many ‘a debate,
Helping to show change is never too late.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 5 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
His thoughts and ideas he always shared,
To open up discussion and show he cared.
To some of you he was a friend,
For others, just a name at the end.
Behind the words a full life was led,
Husband, father and Grandad Ted.
A big friendly smile and a louder laugh,
His zest for life was unsurpassed.
The big gap he leaves can never be filled,
But great memories soak the tears that are spilled.
Signing off for our hero, this is our ode,
We love Eddie Holden from Ely Road.
On behalf of all Eddie’s family.