100 Hackney Carriages, but only 14 ranks in Ely? Nothing has changed since you were in office, Fred
I FEEL I must reply to Fred Brown’s letter regarding parking in Ely, in particular taxis (May 30).
He states that they park where they like in Market Street and High Street.
Well I partially agree with his comments, this was also the case when he was a district councillor and county councillor.
Does Mr Brown know that there is about 100 Hackney Carriage vehicles in East Cambridgeshire and in the Ely there are seven spaces within two taxi ranks, plus seven spaces at the railway station?
Nothing has changed Mr Brown since you held office.
You may also want to watch:
It’s no good you shouting and knocking everyone in site, you should by now have realised what the overall cost to yourself would be.
Let’s see if it’s third time lucky at the parish council elections.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam