Shed goes up in flames following electrical fault

09:23 02 April 2014

Archant

An electrical fault caused a shed to go up in flames on Tuesday.

Firefighters from Soham were called to a property in Mildenhall Road, Fordham, at about 6.51pm.

Crews remained at the scene for an hour while the blaze was extinguished.

The cause of the fire is accidental, resulting from an electrical fault.

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 23:04
Cheque  being presented to the Shouldham ward. at Kings Lynn hospital. Pictured, from left, are ward clerk Nicki Ball, Gavin Caney, junior sister Ria Parker, Lucy Massen, Lindsey Rasberry and sister Kerry Craik.

A man whose dying wish was to create a legacy has had more than £20,000 raised for charity in his memory.

Saturday, August 29, 2015
Robert MacBryde
Red and Black Still Life
( Collection of Original Works for Children in Cambridgeshire. Photography by Marc Mageean)

Hundreds of rarely seen paintings – owned by Cambridgeshire County Council as part of a children’s collection built up since the last war- are to be sold.

Yesterday, 12:16
Police car

Three men were arrested in Chatteris last night during a busy night for Fenland police that saw a total of nine people taken into custody.

Saturday, August 29, 2015
Emergency services search for a missing person.

A man drowned today in Cambridgeshire after apparently jumping into the Great Ouse to retrieve a football shortly before a water festival was due to start.

Most read stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ely Standard e-edition today E-edition