Shed goes up in flames following electrical fault

PUBLISHED: 09:23 02 April 2014 | UPDATED: 09:24 02 April 2014

Archant

An electrical fault caused a shed to go up in flames on Tuesday.

Firefighters from Soham were called to a property in Mildenhall Road, Fordham, at about 6.51pm.

Crews remained at the scene for an hour while the blaze was extinguished.

The cause of the fire is accidental, resulting from an electrical fault.

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 22:35

The talent of young artists in East Cambridgeshire was celebrated at an awards evening in Ely attended by the county’s police and crime commissioner.

Yesterday, 17:00

‘Skulduggery in hidden corners’ has reduced at Ely College according to a senior education official who says the battle to engage hearts and minds to raise standards is being won.

Yesterday, 13:02

Was it just four years ago that the UKIP bandwagon was barn storming its way through the English countryside, picking up votes on an almost unprecedented scale?

Yesterday, 13:01

The county is set to go to the polling stations on May 4 to decide who will take the all-important seats at Cambridgeshire County Council for the next four years. Here are the candidates for the Soham South & Haddenham division.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ely Standard e-edition E-edition
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter