Industrial kiln causes shed to go up in flames

09:55 01 July 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a fire on an industrial estate in Soham on Monday.

A crew was called at 5.30pm to Townsend after an industrial kiln caused a fire inside a shed.

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Firefighters extinguished the blaze using a hose reel and small gear. A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots.”

Crews returned to their station by 6.20pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Ely Standard visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Ely Standard staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Ely Standard account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

22 minutes ago
Ely Methodist Church Christmas Tree Festival, Leon, from Ely

More than 400 people enjoyed a Christmas Tree Festival held in Ely Methodist Church at the weekend.

Yesterday, 16:41

Police are appealing for information after a 17-year-old boy from Burwell was attacked outside a petrol station in Soham.

Yesterday, 11:23
St Andrews Primary School, in Soham, Anit-Bullying Video

Pupils at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham have been shaking their stuff this week to show their support for Anti-Bullying Month.

Yesterday, 08:23
CRC’s winning construction students, from left to right: Sam Brown, Liam Adams-Stock, Alex Theobald and Curtis Wood with their iPad holders

A Fordham construction student has beaten hundreds from across the country to take third place in a national business competition.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

E-edition