Firefighters have urged homeowners to check on their chimneys following a fire in Soham on Sunday.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

A crew from Newmarket was called to a chimney fire in College Road shortly after 4.30pm.

Firefighters used chimney rodding and hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their stations by 5.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

And firefighters from Cambridge and Ely were also kept busy on Sunday tackling a car fire in Station Road, Wilburton.

The crews were called at 2.42pm and arrived to find a car stored in a barn had caught fire. Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their stations by 3.45pm. The cause of the fire is unknown.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Book my advert Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards Wedding Fayres Reader Travel

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT