Firefighters from Ely were called to a chimney fire in North Street, Wicken.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Crew discovered the fire at about 4pm on Monday (December 9) in a bungalow and used ladders and working at height equipment to access the fire and extinguish it.

Crews returned to their stations by 5.10pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Book my advert Wedding Fayres Wedding Show Retailers List

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT