Broken power cable causes fire to break out

08:42 28 May 2014

Archant

A broken electricity cable caused a fire to break out in remote Wardy Hill in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).

Fireifghters from Sutton were called at about 2.20am to The Green following reports that an electricity cable had snapped and caused a row of trees to catch fire.

Crews extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their stations by 3.50am.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Ely Standard visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Ely Standard staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Ely Standard account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

Fri, 15:53
Stephen Bird

A man has been jailed for 13 years for raping a woman in Soham.

Fri, 17:06

A man in his 60s is in hospital with serious injuries after he was assaulted in a Fen village.

Fri, 10:01

Firefighters were called to tackle a chimney fire in Wicken on Thursday night.

Fri, 09:15
Margaret Toft and Bernard Arnold

Ely Rotary Club welcomed dozens of guests for its annual president’s evening.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ely Standard e-edition today E-edition