Another chimney fire sparks 999 call-out

08:39 26 March 2014

Archant

Firefighters from Soham were called to tackle a chimney fire on Tuesday night.

The crew arrived at a property in Sharman’s Road, Fordham, shortly before 9pm to find a chimney ablaze.

Firefighters used chimney rodding and hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their station shortly after 10pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

17:09
Police are currently investigating a sudden death in Landbeach - they were called at lunchtime today (February 21).

Officers are currently investigating the circumstances of the death of a man in Landbeach.

17:33
An animal rescue charity is appealing for information after a dog was abandoned and left tied to a fence in Cambridgeshire. PHOTO: RSPCA.

An animal rescue charity is appealing for information after a dog was abandoned and left tied to a fence in Cambridgeshire.

14:52
East Cambridgeshire District Council will recommend the approval of 80 additional parking spaces at Littleport rail station next week. PHOTO: Steve Williams

An additional 80 parking spaces at Littleport rail station will be given the green light next week.

17:38
John Davis with the drawing of the passenger version of the hover train that he drew just before the company folded.

The sudden end to high speed hover train experiments in the Fens in 1973 was a ‘devastating blow’ to the team working on creating public transport for the future.

Most read stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ely Standard e-edition E-edition
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter