Another chimney fire sparks 999 call-out

08:39 26 March 2014

Archant

Firefighters from Soham were called to tackle a chimney fire on Tuesday night.

The crew arrived at a property in Sharman’s Road, Fordham, shortly before 9pm to find a chimney ablaze.

Firefighters used chimney rodding and hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their station shortly after 10pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

38 minutes ago
The christening of Princess Charlotte at Sandringham Church. Picture: Matthew Usher.

Princess Charlotte was christened in front of the Queen and close family and friends yesterday as the Cambridges had their first public outing as a family of four.

49 minutes ago
Bracode campaign; Two of the women involved in the campaign are from the Ely area, Claire Taylor from Ely and Jodie McPherson from Little Downham. Claire is first on the left in the attached campaign photo, and Jodie is second from left.

An Ely woman and another from Little Downham feature in a ‘bracode campaign’ by Addenbrooke’s to support research to make personalised breast cancer diagnosis and treatment a reality.

Yesterday, 17:00
The team at Healthwatch Cambridgeshire receive the award.

Healthwatch Cambridgeshire, who work with inspectors to get over patients’ views at hospital and care home inspections, have received a national award.

Most read stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ely Standard e-edition today E-edition