Another chimney fire sparks 999 call-out

PUBLISHED: 08:39 26 March 2014 | UPDATED: 08:39 26 March 2014

Archant

Firefighters from Soham were called to tackle a chimney fire on Tuesday night.

The crew arrived at a property in Sharman’s Road, Fordham, shortly before 9pm to find a chimney ablaze.

Firefighters used chimney rodding and hose reels to extinguish the blaze and returned to their station shortly after 10pm. The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Fri, 18:36

The UK’s Premier Picnic Concert Series Celebrates their 20th Anniversary Year, and we Have 3 Pairs of Tickets to Give Away!

Fri, 17:01

A district councillor claims local people are missing out on having their say on potential housing sites across East Cambridgeshire because owners have put forward their land late in the process for the creation of a new local plan.

Fri, 14:28

A model railway exhibition attracted plenty of visitors in an exhibition in Ely.

Fri, 14:16

A man has been found guilty of subjecting two children to prolonged, horrific abuse and neglect including water boarding a girl from the age of four.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Ely Standard e-edition E-edition
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter